Re: Electric fan conversion

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Electric fan conversion
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:49:15 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a feeling that the 1.5" gap that you left between the fan and the
radiator is cutting down considerably on the effectiveness of the fan. The
air really doesn't want to go through the radiator ... it would much rather
"squirt" out the gap between the fan and the radiator... even looping back
around into the fan intake and cycling over and over.

I believe that's why most production cars have the fans shrouded directly to
the radiator.

Ducting or direct contact between the fan and the radiator works best. BTDT

Cheers,

Richard