58 MGA??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 58 MGA??
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
I took a look at an 58 MGA yesterday, that is pretty close to my house. I don't
think it's been started in several years, however it is 'complete' with wire
wheels, and a good set of goldseal dunlops. There is 'surface rust along the
beading, but it looks like the only real damage is on the lover panels just in
front of the back tires (6"x8" ). The body is really straight looking, with
only
too fairly large dents on the drivers side one behind the front wheel(7x16"),
one on top of the back fender(6x18"), but almost no other dings or dents
anywhere else.
The interior is complete, and the side curtains, top frame, and spare are there.
The  grill has no dings or dents, but the very to of it is rusty, so it will
need rechroming. Thefront bumper has a dent in the middle if it, but the rest
of
it appears decent, and the overiders look good.
The only thing missing from the dash is the radio, but not extra holes all
other
gauages and controls are there. The engine compartment looks pretty good, and
everything is there and in place. It may even run with just a little TLC??
Apparently, the guy's wife bought it for him as a present, ( I want to marry
this woman!) but didn't really know what she was getting into. I think the
husband may not be too mechanically inclined, and is too intimidated to take on
the restoration, so now they want to sell it.
Does any one know how much this might be worth??

Regards,
Bryan