Re: Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:03:50 -0400
Cc: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I can't keep quite any longer.

If someone in business is going to make a repro part, shouldn't they at
least make it to fit?
Shouldn't it at least last as long as the original?
Shouldn't the people making the part at least READ the spec sheet and/or
blue prints?

I am in business, if I screw up, I fix it. If I screw up often, I'm out
of business.
If you wanted a 40 x 60 house and I built you a 30 x 50 and eliminated
the bathrooms because I could not read the blueprints, you would be
pissed.
Then if I told you I would make it all better by giving you a bush to
pee on, would that make it better? I don't think so.

As far as being happy just to get the part whether it fits or lasts only
a month.
You are dead wrong! Try to find parts for a 59 Austin A40. Moss and VB
don't have anything for that car. I did restore it and it is a daily
driver. All new chrome, lights, interior, and modern mods. I did it in
nine months. If you have a classic car, you have to do some research.
Parts are available, and if not they can be made. Alternative parts with
some modifications can also be had.

You CAN do anything if you put your mind to it. This holds true for the
suppliers. They CAN give us quality parts. Yes the price will be more
but would you pay a few dollars more for a radiator hose that lasts 5
years or would you be happy saving $3 and have it blow 3 months later
100 miles from home late at night?

I keep 3 LBCs on the road, 2 are pretty much daily drivers, and used by
my kids.
My bugeye is used but not as much as I would like. But when I use it, I
drive it like I stole it. I do not settle for cheapo repros. I manage to
get OEM or NOS parts. If not, I make do with what ever I can find. No
chinese or taiwanese or indian made stuff. My safty and sanity are not
worth the savings.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ