Re: Warning, long ramble on shoddy

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Warning, long ramble on shoddy
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:26:56 -0400
Cc: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Kelvin,
Maybe I'm naive, but isn't it the responsibility of the firm that orders the
manufacture of the item, or decides to offer it for sale, to verify that it is
correct for its application and in all aspects a suitable replacement for the
original part?

And if a supplier will not do that, why can't they simply state that a part is a
repro?

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT