RE: Repro Lucas Battery or ?

To: mhanna@ball.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Repro Lucas Battery or ?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 05:59:35 FILETIME=[611C3210:01C05DB7]
Mark,
If you're asking about the brand Optima, I can't help you.  But, if you are
asking about gel cell batteries, I can.  A couple of years ago, I had a tank
(yes, tank, as in M1A1 Abrams) that would never seem to start.  It always
seemed to need a jump from another tank.  They were replaced with gel
batteries (instead of the kind that need water) and we never had a problem
again.  In the middle of the Kansas winter, you could run the electrical
systems all night with the engine off for several nights in a row and never
have a problem.  I was with this tank for about 15 months after the
conversion, so it might not count as a long-term test, but it made a
believer out of me.
Ryan