Re: Guess what I will be doing today?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Guess what I will be doing today?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:33:04 -0000
From <Daniel1312 at aol.com>
To: <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>; <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>;
<spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 03 December 2000 22:06

> Everything that Rob says except the Marina block while being different
from
> the Spridget block is not an A+ block.  My understanding is that only the
> ribbed blocks are A+.  Put another way there are 3 different types of
inline
> block and of these one is the Spridget and one the A+ - the one inbetween
is
> usually called the Marina block (Ital was A+).
>
> Tranverse blocks also come A+
>
> Daniel1312
>
> In a message dated 03/12/00 01:15:42 Pacific Standard Time,
> rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net writes:
>
> << (No doubt someone will correct me if there are any mistakes.  Please
do!)

Yes.  Totally agree.  Marina seems to be a bastardised mix of both.  Have
seen a Marina that wouldn't take an early (25D4, like the Spridget)
distributor.  Maestro uses an Ital style block and sump but the crank is an
oddball with metric threads on the crank tail and no hole for a spigot
bearing.  Less BHP from a standard Marina.  BHP Marina=54.  C.R.
Marina=8.8:1, whilst Ital=9.75:1
Thanks D1312