Re: Guess what I will be doing today?

To: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Guess what I will be doing today?
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:16:05 +1100
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The Marina block shares the 2" big end crank with the A+, it also uses the
same
side mounted oil filter setup as the A+

Think of the Marina as the A+ block without the ribs.

AFAIK, none of the Marina engines had the rolled radius fillets on the crank
while it seems
that all or at least most of the A+ blocks did. This means you can use the
Marina
crank as the basis of a stroker pretty easily (offset ground big ends 2" ->
1.75" done
in such a way to maximize the stroke).

This used to be a popular racers conversion here until a number of them blew
up
spectacularly (broken cranks - catastrophic failure). Subsequent experience
has shown
that these cranks are only good for 1 (or 2 max) seasons of racing before they
should be
retired to road use and < 6000 rpm

Mike