7 dead generators?

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 7 dead generators?
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:30:19 -0500
Like the subject says, is it possible that I have 7 bad generators?
I know 2 or 3 worked when removed from other Sprites when converting to
alternators.
I even have a Lucas rebuild never installed but if it's like my Lucas
rebuilt starter, it won't work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I test generators with the wires off and
use a test light to see if it's putting out. ground the test light and
hook up the probe to the large terminal. Is this correct?

Yes the fan belt is in one piece, yes the generator spins, yes the belt
is tight.
No, 7 generators fail to light up a 12 volt bulb. Yes the test light
works.

I know the regulator is shot but I am trying to get something out of the
generator before I yank out the regulator.
I would throw an alternator in it in a heartbeat but this 67 Sprite is
just way too original and I am trying my best to keep it this way.
Absolutly no asian parts on it (yet) Even all the rubber is original and
better then that new crap they sell.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ