Re: Kevlar Brake Pads

To: PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kevlar Brake Pads
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:25:28 EST
Paul,
If they are branded "Green Stuff" and have green backing plates, I bought a
set in England last year from Frontline.  They recommended them for use in my
vintage racing Bugeye.  They were reputed to warm up quicker and be long
lasting and easy on rotors.  I tried them for two races, Roebling and VIR,
which aren't particularly hard on brakes.  They work well enough and do seem
to warm up fairly quickly but they eat rotors!  Also turn the sides of the
car black with brake dust.  I took them out and replaced with Mintex 171,
which do just as well without eating the rotors and making dust.
Chris Gross
Ex Mini Racer, now vintage Bugeye driver