Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: 1500 Engine needed near Maryland

To: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: 1500 Engine needed near Maryland
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:06:28 -0500
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
If it was just a rod through the block, I could weld that up.  But this one
jammed the rod against the block, cracking the block up the left side,
through the oil galley, and across the water jacket, twisting it in the
process.  It may be cracked under the cylinder liner as well, but I don't
know.  Welding or stitching just isn't reasonable with this kind of damage.

Other damage rather precludes the use of a replacement block.  The
crankshaft is iffy on being reground (previous hack work at hot rodding by
dpo), etc.  It's more cost effective to simply replace the engine with
another used one.