RE: Brake line kit.

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <toyman@digitex.net>, <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake line kit.
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:38:53 -0600
Okay, I will bite in this discussion and crawl out from under the rock I
have been under for some time due to some major changes in my life.  If I
remember as I found out after doing my "first" set of lines for Iris that an
Iso Metric Bubble flare has a 45 degree angle to the bubble part of the
flare, in contrast the first step of a double flare has an angle of 37
degrees to it.  The second MAJOR difference is the back side of the flare
that the nut seats against, major difference there!!!!  So compare the two
side by side and make your own choice.  One line that I really had a hard
time getting in place is the first stage of a double flare and it still is
not leaking, all the rest had to be re-fabricated as the leaked like a sieve
right away and no matter how much I tightened they would not stop leaking.
IMHO the brake system on a bugeye due to the fact that one MC feeds both
front and rear is no place to gamble, hence the reason that my flares look
just like the factory ones "and they do not leak".  If any of you are from
the "we tight club"  you can get the kit from your auto parts store, do the
flaring and then return it saying that the kit makes the wrong style of
flare....Just a thought if the price of the kit is a holdup.  Price of the
kit is around $85.00 from K&D or Snap-On..

Leo