Re: well wonders never cease

To: patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: well wonders never cease
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:09:16 EST
In a message dated 12/22/00 12:24:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU writes:

> In one last ditch effort to start the car before heading off to the beautiful
> Colorado mountains, I got in, turned the ignition, pulled out the choke, and
> pulled the starter.  Viola, she started right up.  I have absolutely no idea
> why, I didn't do a thing, but HOORAY!  Thanks for all your advice.  I was
> kind
> of excited to get to fix something without the b/f's help, but this works

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a classic symptom of a bad electrical connection.  The cold weather
makes it worse.  I still think you should clean and tighten the battery
cables, the ground strap, and all the cables between the starter solenoid and
the starter motor.  It will happen again if there is a loose or dirty
connection.  And since these cables all carry such high amperage, they tend
to melt if they are loose, then you have a more expensive repair.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport