Re: computers no lbc

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computers no lbc
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 08:49:03 EST
In a message dated 12/30/2000 7:53:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

<< and to think they were teaching computer punch cards in high school in my
 senior year  >>

Hey man, when I started teaching, I taught Business, including typing.
Typing on real typewriters!   And I only had ONE ELECTRIC typewriter in the
room, the rest were manual, and many of them had little signs on them:
Property of U.S.Air Force.  LOL  The school system had picked them up from
the government.  And to top all that, some of the typewriters were those old
tall typewriters we now see in antique store displays!!!  I spent a lot of
teaching time fixing typewriters.  Yep, things have really changed!!!  Where
did I start teaching?  Southern Ohio.

--David C.