Re: Fw: Non LBC Age Barometer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Non LBC Age Barometer
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:22:22 EST
In a message dated 3/11/01 5:10:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

<<
 And how many of us OFs had a Red Rider BB gun with the wood stock?

  My grandmother saved my dad's Daisy BB gun and gave it to me in 1957 or 58.
My dad graduated from high school in 1937, and was already in the army when
the Red Rider came out in 1938, so I'd guess it was pre-Red Rider, because by
the time he was 15 he had a .22 cal single shot rifle.  It was powerful
enough to put a bb through a flannel shirt, and imbed itself under skin from
about 25 yards. Just ask my "best friend" who tried shooting me in the butt
with it and missed...
   The old Daisy wasn't all that powerful at  280 fps and  195 yds, or so
says the box.  It's long since been too pooped to pop, although new leathers
and springs are available....   I have a Weirauch two stage air rifle  that
lights off a .177 pellet at 1,020 fps, about the same as a .22 long rifle
cartridge but without the muzzle energy, and can put 2 or 3 rounds thru the
same hole from 10 meters (I can't...)
Mark Childers