Re: Clutch Puzzle Responses & Answer!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Puzzle Responses & Answer!
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:56:44 -0700
Hey! You guys are good!  The answers received are at the bottom here.  Lots of
good ones.

I did mention that the brothers were not great DIY mechanics.  One lives in
Portland and the one with the best ability is a Chiropracter who lives in New
York!  Flew out to do the 5 speed conversion on the bugeye and an engine swap.
Worked a bit on it and the New York brother flew back home.  Local brother
discovered next day the clutch won't release!  I figured it was the classic
clutch disc in backwards.  New York brother flew back out to help pull and check
it out.  Disc in OK!!!

Did I mention they were sort of amateurs?  Well, not wanting the clutch cover
bolts to fall out, they loctited them in.  Yup!  Too much loctite!  It ran down
the flywheel and glued the disc in place to the flywheel!  They cut it loose
with
a putty knife and reassembled and now all is well!

Who was it that said, "Now I've heard everything!"

Car runs well and they are happy as clams at high tide!

Thanks for the answers, they were all right on target, just not the right
answers

Regards, Paul A