Re: Throw Out Bearing

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Throw Out Bearing
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:36:28 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> While going through the most recent M*$$ Catalog, a friend pointed out
> the throw out bearing that they offer rather than the bushing. Has
> anyone used the bearing? And are there any problems with it??

Since the latest in carbon bushings are as good as modern asian rubber,
I would either look for old stock carbon (mine are NOT for sale ;)
I also just recently put a roller bearing in my wife's Sprite, so far no
problems. Only a couple thousand miles on it but that is more then I got
out of a new carbon bushing.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ