Engine rebuild??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine rebuild??
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:03:13 EDT
OK list I am giving serious thought to rebuilding a 1275 engine myself. Never
done this before, but I have pulled engines and put in rebuilt short blocks
in various British cars. I can usually fix whatever needs to be fixed.
Right now the I have torn the engine down to short block and everything looks
OK.
So assuming I can get the block bored, crankshaft ground, etc., have got a
clean place to work, label everything in take out, follow the instructions in
the workshop manual, how hard is this going to be?
I am sort of concerned about things like getting the rings to seat, and
putting in the oil seals, etc.
David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A