Re: Engine rebuild??

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild??
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:56:14 EDT
Not very hard.  I read a lot of comments on this list about getting rings to
seat.  I don't rally know what the problem is as I have built engines,
rebuilt engines and worked on engines with others and I don't remember ever
having the so-called glzed bores or rings that don't seat.  I think this
problem goes back to earlier times when piston rings were made out of softer
material  Anyway, I'll let others who seem to have a ring seating problem
discuss that subject.

My recommendation is to read the workshop manual on how to rebuild the
engine.  Also, if you are planning performance Mods get David Vizard's book.
It is the best $38 investment you can make.

Measure every part against the manual's specifications.  Make sure you have
the correct equipment to measure end float on the crank and make sure to get
the correct size thrust washers.