Re: tight bolts

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: tight bolts
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:59:41 -0400
Cc: Trisha <patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>, spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Failing that, wear a heavy glove on one hand, put the pipe over the breaker
bar, apply
pressure using the gloved hand, and whack the pipe with a hammer where the
breaker bar
fits inside it.  It may take a few smacks, but it will come loose.

Wear eye protection.  Make sure the socket fits the nut closely, and use a
good-quality socket.  The cheapies aren't up to this treatment.  Try to swing
so that
the follow-through isn't anywhere near anything fragile.

Failing this, use an impact wrench (which you are simulating with the "breaker
bar-pipe-hammer" arrangement