Re: Judson Performance Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Judson Performance Update
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:04:57 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/01 11:05:57 PM, macleans@earthlink.net writes:

<<  if the gauge is
correct I am only getting 3 PSI boost.  There is boost only when your
foot is really in it.  >>

Mike,

Except for the maximum boost it sounds like the Judson is working the way it
should.  It should give you boost as needed, hard accelleration, climing
hills and higher rpm,s.  The maximum boost should be about 6 psi under the
hardest conditions.  I am assuming that your unit was rebuilt with the delrin
vanes, these will slide great but may need some time to achive their best
seal, this satatment may also be smoke.

The other thing is, regardless of how much boost you get, is there a
satisfactory increase in perfomance?  This blower was made for street use
and, hopefully, would not severely shorten the life of the engine.  There
certainly are other ways of upping the performance but my experience was this
was the cheapest and easiest way to get hp.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bob and Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)