Judson Experience

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Judson Experience
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:04:52 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/01 9:46:20 PM, soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< Maybe it's just a case where we only hear the
complaints on this list, but it seems everyone I have
ever heard of with a Judson on a Sprite can't get the
car to run right and sells the s'charger shortly after
buying it.  Does anyone have one who's happy with it? >>

The Judson that I had on my 948 was a pure delight.  The car ran great, 45%
hp increase as measured on a dyno and no overheating problems.  It did not
care what elevation I drove at, from sea level to over 10, 000 ft.  The only
thing that was not consistent with the advertisments was the gas mileage (it
was worse) and the blower oil consumption (it used more).  However, my unit
was installed in 1960 by a professional shop which was a dealer for Judson.
The car was driven for almost two years, about 40,000 miles, before the
blower was removed.  My father was driving the car and suffered a broken
crankshaft.  When we did the rebuild he wanted the SU's back for the better
gas mileage.

Bob and Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)