Eye protection was RE: tight bolts

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Eye protection was RE: tight bolts
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:34:28 -0700 m>
You know what helps you to wear eye protection?
1) Get a real nice pair made of tempered glass that are basically sunglasses
with almost clear lenses (very slight tint) so you look stylin' in the
garage. Get some of those clip on flip up\down dark lenses for welding work
too for the extra coolness factor.
2) Attach a pair of bright eyes, they are little LEDs or bulbs powered with
AAA batteries that can bolt onto glasses. They are so useful when the
trouble light just doesn't quite cut it... or it blinds you a bit and you
can't get it into a position where it lights your work, doesn't get in your
way, doesn't burn you nor blind you. These things mount on the frames and
shine right where you are working. Get the super light kind as the heavy
kind make you feel like you got a MAG light strapped to your head. They do
make you lose your styling image as acquired in #1 but you will be so pissed
off at the trouble light, you won't mind. If someone happens to walk in the
garage and see you in them... quickly look them directly in the eyes so it
blinds them before they realize what you are wearing and burst out laughing.

Shop tip of the day... From personal experience too.

Toby
69 Sprite

Chris Kotting wrote:

> How much you wanna bet Frank C. wears eye protection.  You want to call
him a
> sissy?  (Expect a visit from "Cousin Guido" if you do.)

Sure I wear eye protection.
I was born with eye lids already attached to my eyes.
When the rust and dust flys, I close my lids.
But seriously, we all should wear goggles when grinding, drilling,
cutting, hammering, and painting. Yes painting, I had a drop of POR 15
fall on my eye ball a few years back. Eye doc time and all and I still
haven't learned my lesson.
I do own several pairs of goggles all I have to do is learn how to put
them on.