RE: Good Trip To The Boneyard

To: "derf" <derfman@eatel.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Good Trip To The Boneyard
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:34:56 -0700 m>
That is impressive. I wish I had some decent yards within 100 miles of me.
The local import yard is run by this 6 foot plus 220lb German or Austrien
dude. Imagine Arnold Shwartzenegger but in overalls and with greasy hands.

me: How much for this pulley I found lieing in the gear oil\mud?
Arnold: Twenty Dollaaarz
me: 20 bucks! Will you take five for it?
Arnold: Nooo. Twenty Dollaaarz
me: Ok how about this cracked\broken Midget Steering column shroud?
Arnold: Twenty Dollaaarz
Me: Hasta la vista.
Arnold: Youle be baackkk.

And on that note. I'll be going back to Phoenix next week to scour some more
cool junk yards where the prices are reasonable, and the characters are
always shady... I always knew CA was an expensive place to live... but damn.

Toby
69 Sprite

Hi,
I had a good trip to the "U-Pull-It" today.  I was looking for a Smiths
oil pressure gauge to use instead of the infernal dual gauge.  When I
entered, I asked what they charged for a single guage.  The guy said
they only sell "instrument clusters" whole.  Uh oh.  I asked how much
for a cluster.  He said $20.50. Ohhhhhh.  So, I found a '76 MGB and
yanked the oil, water, tach, speedo, fuel, and a clock.  I also decided
I'd pull the XR-700 ignition set and see what they wanted for it.  I
found a cover for the brake/clutch box, the temp sender, and a fuse
block cover on various Midgets and Triumphs.  When I got back to the
front the guy said $28.34.  I paid him quickly and noticed that he
charged me $5.50 for the ignition set with box, sensor, wiring, and
trigger.  So much for Friday the 13th.
Cheers,
Derf