Looking for a Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for a Bugeye
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:29:05 -0700
A young couple in my housing tract stopped me in my Bugeye tonight as I
was leaving the garage to talk about the car.  It turns out they had
been admiring the car for a while and wanted to see it.  After a short
tour of the Bugeye, the guy (his name is Brian) said he was in the
process of buying a Bugeye after seeing mine and wanted some advice.  He
said he located a Bugeye for sale in Minnesota and we went to his house
to look at some pictures he got on the internet.  The car did not look
bad for the $4500 the guy is asking, but it needs a new interior an this
guy added about  ahalf dozen gauges to the dash board for God knows
what.  It is supposed to have the original engine and trans.  The boonet
was damaged in the past and the present owner did the body work
himself.  It does not look too bad, it's just the mouth on the bonnet
looks lager now and the grill looks like it was stolen off a security
screen door.  I told him that there are plenty for sale in California
and you just can't tell from a couple of pictures what you are getting.
He has family in the Oakland area so he said he could easily go that far
to buy one.  If any list members know of a Bugeye runner for sale here
in California in the $5000 range it would be nice to put this young
couple in an LBC.  Heaven knows we could use some new young blood in
this hobby.  In fact, if there is a lister in the Minnesota area that
might be able to look at the car there, that might help also.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite