Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, judson@autox.team.net
Subject: Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:15:31 -0700
It looks like some people made it through Friday the 13th O.K. and
others had a little mishap.  I definately fall into the "other"
category.  I went to In and Out Burger last night at about 9:30PM for a
"Double-Double" (Double everything cheesburger) and a Coke and got in
line at the drive through.  There were several cars ahead of us in line
so I shut off the motor to keep it from getting too hot idling in
place.  While it was not as bad as getting rear ended like another
unfortunate list member, the car would not start again.  The battery was
dead!  I suppose this is because I installed the electric fan directly
to the battery through the thermostatic switch so it would run after the
engine was turned off to help cool the motor down.  It is almost a new
battery.  I checked the fluid level in the battery and all cells were
down a little (only took 2-3 ounces of distilled water to fill all
cells) and a 10 amp charge of my battery charger brought it back up in
about 45 minutes.  Is it simply that the added drain of the fan is too
much drain on the electrical system, or is it a problem with the voltage
regulator cutouts?  Just one problem after another to solve since the
Judson installation, although the fan installation was my own idea and
not a Judson requirement.  I may have set myself up for this one.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite