Night Joyride (noLBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Night Joyride (noLBC)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 02:40:52 EDT
Hi Guys

Thought it would be fun to share our little joyride earlier this evening.  In
the afternoon, we noticed as we drove by that the ocean breakers were reddish
colored.  So after supper tonight we hopped into the Sprite and went down to
the beach to check it out--just like in the '60's.  Sure enough the tide was
red, which causes the breakers to fluoresce in shades  of  white and  green
like a neon sign.  We watched the show awhile, talked with some people who
had never seen a Sprite or a red tide, and just generally  had a good  time.
Some of kids were down at the tideline letting the water get on their feet,
which  is neat--the splashes are fluorescent too!!  No, I am not kidding
you, and I don't have the scientific info at hand.  It's some kind of
plankton.  It has no relation to their mating or birthing habits, as in the
case of grunion.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)