Re: 1275 Reusable Main and Rod bearing nuts? Freeze and Galley Plugs?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Reusable Main and Rod bearing nuts? Freeze and Galley Plugs?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
--- SDOliner@aol.com wrote:
> Should
> these be replaced?

I don't recall them being Nylocks.  If they are, do
not re-use.

> How does one replace the galley plugs and freeze
> plugs?

If you can't get them out from the inside, drill some
material away and they will pull right out.
Re-install by tapping them with a hammer/wood block. I
lightly coat them with high temp permatex RTV when
installing for leakage purposes.

> > At the relatively low price for a new oil pump,
> seems to make sense to just
> replace it. Yes or No?

Yup.  Oil pressure is life.  A new pump is cheap life insurance.

=====
Ron Soave

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
The British car owner says it's leaking.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/