MORe: 1275 Reusable Main and Rod bearing nuts? Freeze and Galley Plug

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MORe: 1275 Reusable Main and Rod bearing nuts? Freeze and Galley Plugs?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:48:48 -0700 (PDT)
For the oil gallery plugs, I tap the hole and thread
in flush hex plugs.  I think Vizard recommends this as
well.  After getting the block back from hot
tanking/machining, clean out the oil galleries with a
pressure washer and some long gallery brushes.  Dry
the galleries out with shop air, then lighly coat with
WD 40 or something to prevent surface corrosion.
You'd be amazed at the crap that comes out of a
"clean" block.

--- Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/