Re: inner wheel bearing/hub fit

To: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@core.com>
Subject: Re: inner wheel bearing/hub fit
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:06:42 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chris, etal:

<<Don't try to take up the slack with dimples. >>

AGREED in the area that this is NOT a "shadetree" kinda job.

<< The bearing races are
*hard* and they just aren't intended to be whacked hard enough to leave
a dimple.>>

Well, the "real" way is to let a machinest do it.  The "process" is called
"pinning" and does in fact work just fine for VERY small variances.  Let the
"expert" call the shot.  (I do<G>) (shut up, etal!!<G>)

<<However the adhesive route *is * the way I'd do it. >>

True enough, bit I would still defer to a machinest.  Sometime with a (er)
"oversized" "hole" even Permatex will not do the job (way easy to get an
"imbalance" due to excess "glue" in a "hole").

Stop, I am not being SA.  What I mean in the process of "rounding out"
OVALING is more prone.  ergo, of balance when using Permatex.  Yep, not
mush, but is does not take "much" .

And suspension parts mean you (or someone else's) LIFE!!

Ed

PS:  Sorry GB is not receiving this<G>!!