Re: Advice on pulling motor

To: mgagne@unc.edu, nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Advice on pulling motor
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:10:45 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/01 3:06:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mgagne@unc.edu
writes:

> >>  This is probably a good time to change the tranny fluid, no?
> > ====
> > Mike, now is a very easy time to change fluid. You can see the fill plug,
> > and actually be able to pour the oil in rather than throw it through a
> > small hole. BUT, when you put the engine/tranny back in, it will all run
> > out again, so you might as well wait until the tranny's back in the car,

It would seem that you "could" fill the tranny, and then raise the rear of
the car, rather than tilt the engine, during reinsertion.  'Course, you'd
have to raise the rear about 4 feet, but I guess it's "possible."

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport