Addendum to the Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Addendum to the Update
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:51:50 -0700
Since my escapade with the acid cleaner this afternoon a pattern is
emerging.  I drove the Bugeye this evening again at 9:30 PM.  As long as
I kept moving, the temp would stay at about 165 to 170 (not sure the
accuracy of the gauge though).  When I stopped at a traffic light it
would climb to 190F.  As soon as I got moving again it would drop to
170F again.  A few people on the list may have been right when they said
that the third row I added to the radiator core made it too congested
for the air to flow well enough for proper cooling.  While I am sitting
at the stop light, the meager original fan on the 948 cannot pull enough
air past 3 cores for adequate cooling.  At least that is my theory.
Someone i met at the British Wings and Wheels car show this past weekend
has graciously offered to lend me a good 2 row Bugeye radiator to
experiment with.  I will try to pick it up this week and let the list
know how it turns out.  If cooling at the stop light is improved then
that is something I think everyone that is considering a down flow
radiator re-core should know.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite