Re: Wire wheels on a Bugeye help

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Wire wheels on a Bugeye help
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:34:08 -0400
Cc: bfamdurham@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
The wire wheel half shafts are shorter, as is the axle casing. If he
currently has a steel wheel axle housing, reportedly there is no
problem fitting the wire wheel axle half shafts. They will be a
little short, such that less of the splined end is in contact with
the differential, but several listers report that for street use,
this is OK.

At 2:57 PM -0500 10/3/01, Peter C. wrote:
>Listerati,
>       A non-lister needs to know how best to fit rear wire wheel axles in his
>Bugeye. I pointed out to him that this may be the reason for leakage. I
>recall the ww axle is longer. Can he grind some (how much?) off the diff
>end of the axle? or is there more to do?
>       Reply to all, as he is CC'd.
>
>Thanks   Peter C

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu