Re: going racing.....AGAIN?

To: Bill Hunt <BillH@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: going racing.....AGAIN?
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:06:59 -0700
Cc: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
The old rotary engines of WWI for the most part did not have a throttle.  You
just put the gas to it or shut the gas off and on to throttle down.  It was full
throttle or nothing.  Not sure about the thinking on this, but may have
something
to do with reliability.  As easy as machinery broke in those days, a throttle
was
one more thing to break and you had no parachutes in WWI airplanes.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite