Re: Starter Problem

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter Problem
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:20:50 -0500
Mike,
         Best to pull the starter. Look at the drive end and ensure it
isn't crudded up (technical term). The drive should spin quite freely.
Lubricate with white grease or thin oil. Also, low battery voltage will not
enable enough spinning torque to drive the drive so you might walk the
walk. Clean the terminals, both ground points and battery connection. While
the starter is out, peer into the hole and have a peek at the ring gear
teeth. Usually the problem is just a hanging-up pinion gear and cleaning
will suffice.
         Peter
So, no overheating?
===