Re: Old Movies - Some LBC

To: kgb@clipper.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Movies - Some LBC
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:36:33 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/01 10:09:41 PM, kgb@clipper.net writes:

<< "Grand Prix", starring James Garner. The original advertising billed it
as "100% European Grand Prix Footage". The racing scenes consisted
primarily of Formula Junior races from Riverside, CA. It is being shown
this month on one of the cable channels. Watch it for a good laugh.
Kate >>
Kate

Oh my yes.  A hunky James Garner and Jessica Walter before "Play Misty for
Me".  Yves Montand and Eva Marie Sainte too.  Didn't they follow the Grand
Prix circuit for a season.  Seems I recognized some of the footage done at
Monte Carlo.  I think you may be mistaken on this one--Riverside was too
barren to use as pretend European Grand Prix tracks--a real dust bowl.
(Don't ask how I know!!!)  The movie did come out with a real bunch of hype,
however, and it has been a while since  I've seen it.  Love the soundtrack
though.  Plot is pretty trite, as I recall. We'll  have to catch it.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)