Weber

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:10:40 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings to all, especially to Bob and Annice. I had
the privilege to meet Bob and Annice, Rick Snover and
Mike McClean at the San Diego show. As a fellow
airline employee I have had off list conversation with
Capt Bob. After the cancellation of the Palo Alto show
I needed to get my fill of LBC's. Hell, it was only 9
hours each way from the Sacramento area (all for about
3 hours at the show).
I've lurked the list for about 6-8 months and have
taken advantage of leads from Gerald and others on the
list. (Gerald, that sprite in Pacifica was the most
rust I've seen on any car, ever!) I am currently
restoring a 60 Bug. I have a 1275 (another lister's
lead, thankyou) at the machine shop and struggled with
deciding on a cam. Since I need the cam, springs and
lifters I decided to purchase the MDM 266 Kent cam kit
but now I'm not sure. The motor will clean up at .060
over. I plan just a standard head job (hardened seats
of course), a rebuild on the HS2's and a Datsun 5
speed tranny.
While cleaning out the garage I came across a 45dcoe
that I forgot I had. The carb was originally on a B I
purchased 4 or 5 years ago. Now I'm having second
thoughts and am reconsidering using this carb. I'd
have to locate a manifold. I have read Vizard's
coments and will be using the car mostly for freeway
driving.
Any comments about plan A or should I consider a plan
B using the Weber and with a different cam??
Larry Pitts
fuzzy95678@yahoo.com
http://personals.yahoo.com