RE: Question - Amy Soich

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question - Amy Soich
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 02:23:39 -0800
Hi all,

I think we have all had at least one bad experience with someone
we thought we trusted, and simply wanted to lend a helping hand to.

I think that it would be highly inappropriate and unethical to trash
that person in a public forum, such as the spridgets@autox.team.net
mailing list.

In this case, I remember that a bunch of list subscribers went out of
their ways, drove long distances and spent a weekend working on a
(female) fellow spridget-list subscriber's car.

Tough luck guys. A bunch of horny guys wanting to come to the rescue
of a damsel-in-distress? In this case, someone who is a tattoo artist(*),
with a husband, two kids, two dogs and mortgage payments on a new house.

You probably didn't get laid, but you may have gotten f*ck*d!

I am being very sarcastic here. If I had been closer to Latrobe, PA,
I would probably have volunteered too.

If I remember correctly, this list subscriber was looking for volunteers
and donations of (free) parts and materials.

Ed,

Are you certain that you had a clear understanding with this person
about payment for your contributions?

If there was no contract, either verbal or written, you may be out of
luck. If you think you have a legal case, take it to a lawyer, or take
it small-claims court, but please take it off the mailing list.

Again, I think it would be more appropriate to try to contact this
person off-list, instead of resorting to using profanity and/or rude
comments on a public mailing list.

-- Flemming Larsen,   1959 AN5 (sleeping)

(*) Not intended to be a derogatory remark against tattoo artists
    in general. In fact, some of my closest friends are talented
    tattoo artists, some are drug dealers, and some are hookers.

    All of them are very nice people, in their own special ways!