More about Amy, and my apology

To: breiz@bellatlantic.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
Subject: More about Amy, and my apology
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:09:57 EST
Cc: schultejim@prodigy.net
It is my turn to publicly apologize to Amy for my post.  I added to a problem
without making the proper conatcts.  I should have tried to ask Amy directly,
and I didn't.  (Open mouth, insert foot.)

Amy contacted me, as well as Larry, yesterday.  She explained her problems
with posting to the list, and told me about her problems with paying Ed.  We
all know that Ed is the most colorful (isn't that tactful?) person on the
list.  It appears that Amy had the incorrect e-mail address for Ed.  (I'm not
sure it was incorrect, but it may have been one that Ed doesn't check very
frequently.)  All it boils down to is a breakdown in communications, and I
hate to see all of these problems over a simple matter.

Ed, if you receive payment from Amy as she said she would do, I would expect
you to also apologize to the list (and Amy).  Keep in mind that your business
is likely to suffer because of all this, and an apology will go a long way to
restoring your credibility.  (It also wouldn't hurt to invite the entire list
over to raid your beer fridge.)

And Amy, once again, I am sorry for not contacting you before I posted my
feelings about not hearing from you after we did the work.  You have been a
good list member for at least 4 years.  I had a fun weekend in Latrobe
working on your car, and I don't regret the expense I incurred for a minute.
You are a real cutie (even with all those tatoos), your husband makes great
coffee (keep him around at least for that service), and your kids are
adorable.

Your Sprite still needs some work, so I hope you figure out how to come home
to the list.  All will be forgiven by the list members, who are really, deep
down, a great bunch of people.  You can always ignore Ed, as we all do from
time to time, but keep in mind that he did sell you those parts at his cost.
He wasn't looking to make a buck off of you, as Moss would have if you placed
the order directly.

Please give it a little time to cool down, then come back and enjoy the list,
so we can all enjoy your company as well.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport