Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:18:24 EST
In a message dated 1/2/02 10:55:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> , "currently registered passenger cars and trucks more than
> 15 years old but not more than 25 years old that either fail a state
> emissions test and cannot be economically tuned to pass, or that had an as
> delivered EPA combined fuel economy rating of less than the current CAFE
> average."  That way, you get the true worst of the cars off of the road, the
> hogs built between 1976 and 1986.

There are many States, fortunately including my own, that do not require
emissions testing.  Would this wording mean we would then have a beaurocratic
testing system set up in our State?   What about the Spridgets, like my own,
that have been de-toxed?  And what about enthusiasts of the hogs built
between 1976 and 1986?  Maybe SOME kind of wording would work, but look at
ALL the implications.

--David C.