Re: LBC economy, WAS: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT

To: PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Re: LBC economy, WAS: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 07:41:37 EST
Cc: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

> Incidentally Dave, noticed you supported
> an idea which would limit commuter airline flights to save fuel!!
>
> Now, I am gonna have to kill you!! :)

Oops. LOL--But I was truly impressed by the British system of moving people
about the country, given its problems that our "over the pond" listers have
mentioned in the past.  It is still far more advanced than anything we have
in terms of public transportation.  We USED to have it. But we lost it
somewhere and started selling billions of cars and scheduling airport-choking
flights.  It was nice to just hop on the rail and sit back and travel to
another town or city, then to hop on the subway in the larger cities to go
where we wanted.

--David C.