Re: Wheels

To: bcleary@awod.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:31:16 EST
In a message dated 1/13/02 9:27:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, bcleary@awod.com
writes:

> I have my Midget home now, safe in my garage, but I need your help again -
> any
> suggestions as to how to get the rust off the wheels???  Also, her turn
> signals don't work and I need the switch, directional, dimmer (left hand
> steer) - guess it is the entire switch assembly.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I took the tires off my Rostyle wheels and took them to a place that does
sandblasting.  They blasted them and primed them for about 25 bucks a piece,
if memory serves.  The trick is that they still need to be treated with a
rust converter, especially in the crevices, before you paint them.  Spray
paint them silver (I used Detail Silver from Eastwood Co.) then I painted the
black sections with a brush.  They look pretty good with new lug nuts and new
tires.

AFA the turn signal switch, I might have one in The Project car, which will
actually be stripped for parts. (The car, not the switch!)  The Project is a
1975 Midget.  I don't remember what year your car is.  If you can't find one
quickly, get back to me.

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286