Re: Sand blaster plans.

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sand blaster plans.
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:12:20 -0800 (PST)
Cc: vafred@erols.com
The eastwood company http://www.eastwoodcompany.com (no affilliation here,
except the money I have spent with them) has advertised an infared system that
cures "About any size piece" with stand mounted IR lights, As well as their new
HotCoat system.  It looks promising.  As far as blasting cabinets go; a shop I
worked at a few years ago we made a cabinet out of 3/4 ply board lined with
roll roof flashing and sealed with body undercoating. We used a side glass from
a dodge van body for a viewing window,  and fitted very large neoprene gloves
to reach in.  For the media blasting we used a system originally designed to
blast steel frames and large equipment. That system sucked the media from a 5
gal bucket.  We recovered the used media from a hopper in the bottom of the
screen after it was sifted through plates and screens at the bottom of the
cabinet.  After thinking about the labor and material costs now we would have
done better to buy a cabinet from Eastwood, AutoJones, or Northern.  My 2.5
cents.  (consultants fee)   And no, not woodstock SPRIDGESTOCK
Lon / RedMidget72
  SDOliner@aol.com wrote: The limiting factor seems to be the size of the oven.
I still would like to powder coat an entire spridget shell. High gloss Black,
yellow, or purple, who knows.

In the meantime, back here on earth, I think I need to build a sand blasting
cabinet. Are there plans for one of these floating out there? As far as size
goes, I guess the size of a Kenmore Oven will be big enough (for now).

I figure if I build it, they will come. How about free powder coating, in
exchange for getting one of the Bugeyes running?

I can the see the line of LBCs clogging up the NYS Thruway. Another
Woodstock, or what?

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A