Non-Stock Starters

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Stock Starters
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:56:26 -0600
Hi Listers, has anyone used a non-stock starter on a 1275??  Clearance
problems between the 5-speed conversion and the bendix unit cause me to have
to remove the (spin on) oil filter in order to remove the stock starter.
This is messy and a pain in the knutser.  I use a gear reduction starter on
my Healey 3000 and it is wonderful but Moss just said they quit selling them
for Spridgets due to a clearance problem.  Also, I've recently heard there
is some type of Japanese starter that supposedly bolts right up but I have
no confirmation of this.  Any feedback from the list would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
Jack Brashear
Little Rock, Arkansas

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]