Re: Undercoat and rust protection.

Subject: Re: Undercoat and rust protection.
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:53:37 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox. team. net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Phil,
When I did a ground up on my Pink 63 Mk II the body man used:
Body Schutz -  Another 3m Product
http://www.handsontools.com/store/show_product/?product_id=3861
"rubberized" I have heard it may clog drain holes. Comes in several varieties.

We used this for a number of reasons: It's paintable, it's durable, and it looks
exactly like the factory material.

We started with a rust-free shell and stripped it to bare metal. It also is
excellent in deadening the sound. You would know what I mean if you ever ride in
a shell that is stripped to bare meteal w/o any sound deadening material added
back.

jay fishbein
Sprite mk II
Midget Mk IV