Re: Garage planning-fire rating

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage planning-fire rating
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:18:48 EST
In a message dated 1/25/02 9:47:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TGElliott@atmc.net writes:

<< OSB is made to use as sheathing and
 can withstand exposure to the elements for periods of constuction delay of
 as much as 6 months or longer, Manufacturers will usually not guarantee it
 for longer. >>

I have seen a scrap of OSB in a jar of water at the counter of a lumber yard,
without it falling apart. Try that with particle board.

I am not sure what MDF stands for, (Maximum Density Fiberboard?) but it
weighs a ton, you can rout a finished edge on it, and has a sheen. I really
like the stuff, after I heal form the hernia,  making the first rip on the
table saw. This with a roller stand on the side and an outfeed table on the
back. Although I wouldn't try soaking it in a jar of water.

5/8 sheetrock is probably a good idea, but alot of work, a fair amout of
money, and are we going to tape it also.?

David Oliner
59.60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A

60  3HP Delta Unisaw