The Mothman (no LBC) FYI

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, lro@koan.team.net
Subject: The Mothman (no LBC) FYI
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:18:09 -0500
I don't know how many of you have ever heard of the Mothman until the
movie came out today. "The Mothman Prophecies." The Mothman is our
"Bigfoot" in the area. I live across the Ohio River from where he
supposedly lives. I also fly out of the same airport that he would. The
airport is right next to the TNT area. I have not seen the movie or the
Mothman yet, but I guess the movie makes reference to our biggest local
tragedy, the collapse of the Silver Bridge on Dec 15, 1967. The bridge
was loaded with Christmas traffic and people going home from work. I
think it fell sometime after 5pm. Some people heard it up to 15 miles
away.

Here's some links if you are interested...
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/byday/fhbd1215.htm
http://members.aol.com/mothmanwww/unusual.html
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wvmason/pointpleasant/silver.html
http://www.armstrongcopafrn.com/mothman/mothman_invades_pittsburgh_post-gazette.
html

Pt. Pleasant has been in decline ever since the bridge disaster. They
don't even have a theater to show the movie in.
Just thought some of you might find it interesting,
Mike Thompson