Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick--Serious this time.

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick--Serious this time.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:57:44 EST
In a message dated 1/26/02 3:31:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:

> .  THe last thing I can think of is that his thrust washer fell.

Mike:

If you get someone in the car to push the clutch, if the thrust washer fell,
you should be able to stand in front of the car and see the crank pulley move
forward.  I don't think you would really need the dial indicator to see the
movement.

Another consideration is loose flywheel bolts.  The last time mine loosened
(on my 1500) it started with a chatter that got louder as they loosened.
Fortunately it was the 2nd time that had happened and I pulled the engine and
found them loose before they caused a problem.  I didn't think of it back
then, but I was wondering whether that could be checked by pulling the
starter and trying to wobble the flywheel through the starter hole?

--David C.

--David C.