Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP: 1500 Endfloat Info Needed Quick
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:19:53 -0600 (CST)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
You don't need a dial indicator to check whether they've dropped out.
Lever the crank pulley back with a 2x4, then put your hand on the
pulley while someone steps on the clutch pedal.  Feel movement?  The
thrust washer is gone or badly worn.

Seriously, I'd just drop the pan and replace the thrust washers.  Do
the mains and rods while you're in there.  It's not that hard.

"mgraziano@mindspring.com"
> <mgraziano@mindspring.com> made the profound revelation:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I'm working on occasional lister John Gottstein's '75 1500.  He
has a strange
> > rattle coming from the rear of his engine.  I checked the valve
clearances
> > (ok), compression (ok), and anything else that could be rattling.
THe last
> > thing I can think of is that his thrust washer fell.  It's
possible.  It would
> > explain the chatter he gets when starting from a stop.  Anyway,
I'm off to