Hand made gaskets

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hand made gaskets
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:36:29 -0800 (PST)
Howdy all,  I am needing to replace most of the lamp fixture to body gaskets on
my Midget and don't want to pay the prices charged by M**s or the other
catalog.  I want to make them of similar material to factory.  Question is has
anyone had luck maknig these type of gaskets out of crafting foam, or sometype
of rubber gasket material?  Im not building a trailer queen or show model so
the stuff just has to look good, not be OEM..

T.I.A. Lon / RedMidget

1972 RWA Midget (still shedding parts)

1999 Spanky the cat ( still Shedding as well)

1957 Me (be shedding clothes if it gets any warmer)