Re: Hand made gaskets

To: Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hand made gaskets
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:30:19 EST
In a message dated 1/29/02 2:49:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ankitterer@aol.com writes:

> I'm not familiar with crafting foam.  With foams, they have to compress to
> fit and still be tight enough to form a water seal.

I agree with Annice and Bob--use the standard gasket material you can buy at
any good, and some not so good, auto stores.  Try to match the material.  But
I have used different foams as a gasket under the heater box--like camper's
ground pad foam and mouse pad foam.  Works well. Just don't use something
like that where it will be exposed to gasoline/solvents or heat.

--DAvid C.